Brock's Performance Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Articles and Information > Product Discussions (Customers Welcome to add a Topic)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dyno numbers / underpowered busa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote fly777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dyno numbers / underpowered busa
    Posted: April/01/2012 at 2:24pm
i feel like my 2005 busa with Brock's Short Meg2 exhaust. TRE, PCV installed and air box mod , i feel like my bike is under powered. My Dyno numbers are 144 drf maxpower 145.41 before Dyno
                      148 drf maxpower 157.86 after Dyno

I feel that the numbers after Dyno are low compared to other busa with the same configuration. The tech made almost 20 runs in getting the bike adjusted. The Tech said On one run at 10k the bike lost power, or seemed to lose power., and the TPS wasnt set to zero. Anyway, rode the bike after the run and it stumbled at 2500k and above in every gear change. Supposedly fixed the stumble by adjusting the map throwing more full to it, but now it's a pig on gas. I am just not happy, I feel Like I should reinstall Brock's map even after I have spent over $300 for a Dyno set up.
Any suggestions?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2012 at 3:41pm

You said that your TPS wasn't set to zero, is it now?  I would do that first, because that is where it needs to be in order for the maps to work properly.  After that I would reinstall the Brock's map.  If that doesn't take care of the problem, the next thing that I would do would be purchase a bottle of the Wynn's Power Charge.  We have seen up to 15 hp loss on the dyno due to dirty injectors, and the Gen 1 Busas are known for the injectors getting clogged.  Here is a link to the Power Charge on our website.  http://www.brocksperformance.com/Wynns-Power-Charge-+I771175+C80.aspx

Post Reply Post Reply