Brock's Performance Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Articles and Information > Product Discussions (Customers Welcome to add a Topic)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hayabusa Gen 1 Clutch Installation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Damien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hayabusa Gen 1 Clutch Installation
    Posted: January/12/2012 at 11:20am
I am ready to install a new OEM clutch in my 99 Hayabusa. I have the Suzuki OEM Service manual and it does not mention soaking the fibers or anything of the sort for reassembly.

Anyone have any supplemental information from Suzuki on this OR is it just commonly known to soak fibers,driven plates, etc?

Any information with data or links to support responses are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2012 at 11:25am
Damien, we have found that if you soak fibers they will absorb some of the oil and swell a little, making the stack height a little tall.  We have always just dipped them in oil right before we put them in the bike, that has always worked very well for us.
 Post Reply Post Reply