Brock's Performance Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > YOU have questions....WE have answers!! > The ACTION ! - Brock's Question and Answer Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

gsxr 1000 tre

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote johnnygsxr1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: gsxr 1000 tre
    Posted: October/20/2008 at 12:58am
I have a 2006 gsxr 1000 with a power commander,ignition module from dino jet and I was wondering if installing a tre would be worthless since I have the ignition module or would it make a differece.
johnnygsxr1000
jasongillum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote jasongillum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/2008 at 9:04am

You are correct.  With the ignition module the TRE will be useless because you are changing timing with the mod and the TRE.  If the engine is stock you can remove the Ignition module and only use a TRE.

Jason Gillum
johnnygsxr1000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote johnnygsxr1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2008 at 10:25pm
I have a set of factory pro velocity stacks 50mm in length on my 06 gsxr 1000 and I wanted to know if its the best choice for drag or all short will be better.
johnnygsxr1000
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote jasongillum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2008 at 9:03am
The shorter the better...You are killing top end power with the long stacks.
Jason Gillum
tommy2671 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote tommy2671 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2008 at 6:30pm
Use all stock(oem) short.
2008 KAWASAKI ZX14 (ALL BROCKED OUT)
PyroMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PyroMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2008 at 3:57am

Quote: Originally posted by johnnygsxr1000 on October 20 08

I have a 2006 gsxr 1000 with a power commander,ignition module from dino jet and I was wondering if installing a tre would be worthless since I have the ignition module or would it make a differece.

Quote: Originally posted by jasongillum on October 20 08

You are correct.  With the ignition module the TRE will be useless because you are changing timing with the mod and the TRE.  If the engine is stock you can remove the Ignition module and only use a TRE.

Maybe I am not understanding all of this correctly, but from what I have understood, the 3 different modules do different things and complement each other.

1. PC3 Module - Adjusts the Fuel Map across the entire RPM range (Not each gear individually).

2. PC3 Ignition Module - Adjusts the Timing Map across the RPM range (Not each gear individually).

3. X-TRE Module - Allows you to eliminate the Timing Retard in gears 1, 2, & 3 (Not by RPM, by gear) along with removing the rev limiter on 1000cc bikes.

Even with the Ignition Module, the X-TRE helps by eliminate the retard in the first 3 gears.  If you adjust the Ignition Module to counter act the timing retard in the first 3 gears, then your timing will not be set properly in the last 3 gears.  The Ignition Module correct 10% + or - off of the stock ECM map that is retarded and different in the RPM range between gears 1,2,3 and 4,5,6.

Please correct me if I am wrong here, because I have all 3 installed and I would really like to know.  Does the Ignition Module remove the retard on gears 1, 2, & 3?  If not, then the X-TRE is needed to fix that even with the Ignition module because the Ignition module corrects by RPM range, not gear range just like the PC3.

If the Ignition Module removes the retard in gears 1, 2, & 3, I would really like to know.

Thank you

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote jasongillum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2008 at 10:53am

The ignition Module does what ever you tell it to do...If you want to pull timing, it will.  It does not have a TRE built into it.  If you would like to remove the top speed limiter you can do this without the TRE and Ignition Module, A Speedo Healer will do this.  On a stock motor we have never seen any improvements in power when altering ignition.  We use the TRE to KILL power in first gear so we can lock the throttle at the top of first, so the bike is easier to ride...that’s all.  We also used the TRE at Maxton to remove the 186MPH limiter.  We have not tested the XTRE yet...their site claims it makes MORE power in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, which would be the opposite of what we are trying to achieve.  If what they say is true, I can't tell you for sure if it does or not because of not testing it yet, this should be a great product for longer bikes that could use more power off of the line.  We will see in the near future.  Sorry for the late reply.  I hope this helps...let me know if you have any other questions.  

Jason Gillum
PyroMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PyroMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/2008 at 2:58am

Thank you… Now I am wondering if I should remove the XTRE.  Here is what I have done to my bike.

2007 GSXR 1000

Catalytic Converter Eliminator Pipe
Two Brothers Dual Exhaust
K&N Filter
PC3 USB
PC3 USB - Ignition Module
HealTech X-TRE
HealTech Speedo Healer
PAIR mod (Blocked off)
Exhaust SET valve mod (Remove & wide open)
Dealer Mode Switch

I am about ready to take it to have the PC3 and Ignition module tuned on a Dyno in the spring, but now I am wondering if the XTRE is really doing anything.

tommy2671 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote tommy2671 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/2008 at 5:55pm
You should change your pipe.
PyroMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PyroMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/2008 at 6:19pm
Quote: Originally posted by tommy2671 on November 25 08
You should change your pipe.

Whats wrong with the 2 bros dual?  I really like the look of it, I added the silencer tips and it sounds really good.  I get zero popping (not even a slight pop at all).  Is there something else that would make a difference in performance (That I would notice)?  My exhaust is completely straight through with out the cat and exhaust set valve.  I have to admit without the noise canceling tip's, it was way too loud, but now it just has a very deap tone/rumbel to it that does not kill your ear drums.

Just curious on what would be worth the $1000+/- cost and the gain.

Thank you

tommy2671 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote tommy2671 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/2008 at 6:41pm
This FORUM is for BROCK'S customers and BROCK'S products Sorry.Contact Two Bros for anymore questions.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote jasongillum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/2008 at 8:58am

Power is made in the head pipes...not the mufflers.

Jason Gillum
PyroMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PyroMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/2008 at 11:06am

Sorry... I did not realize this was a Brock's customer only forum.  I was just searching around on the web for various information and this site happened to pop up in a search.  Thank you for the responses, and I will discontinue my posts.

Post Reply Post Reply